Nightly Activities of the Future

Go down

Nightly Activities of the Future

Post  Alfax on Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:41 pm

As you all know, or will know soon, Kevin leaves us for distant shores on the 30th. We wish him all the best and hope he keeps himself free of scurvy. More to the point, we will need a new Friday/Saturday night activity. I create this thread for ideas on what to do.

Some ideas:
  • We just play Brawl every night and mock Kevin for leaving it's supple embrace.
  • We start up a new DnD game to fill our RP needs.
  • We play cards (Magic, WoW, poker?) on those nights.

These things aren't mutually exclusive of course. We could do cards on Sat and RP on Fri like we used to do if we wish. Some things do leave some people out (nerd cards tends to leave JBomb out of the equation). If we picked to do an RP I'd be willing to be a GM or someone else could volunteer for the job, I don't have to do it if someone else wants to.

What I'd like you (yes, you) to do is to voice your support for what idea you like and would like to see have done. And if you have other suggestions this would be the time and place for them. The more specific the idea the better for DnD, since we'd have to get a premade adventure or come up with something specific we want to do so the GM can have time to plan such an excursion. So, I'd like a little more than: "i lik dnd lol"
Alfax
Sun

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nightly Activities of the Future

Post  Wade8813 on Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:22 pm

Any of those suggestions sound good, although I think doing poker more than once in a while would get to be too much.

I don't think I'd make a good dm, but if you or anyone else wants to do it, that's cool.
Wade8813
Cloudless Day

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KevinBlaze on Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:10 pm

2v2 or 3v3, or raid deck [especially] WoW I'm sure Joan would be competitively good at, as she has demonstrated before, the rest of us have a rather strong lead in 1v1 play though o.0.

Dunnae forget First Pick will have wow on Saturdays at about 2;30 pm. :-) Current plan is to have $5 dollar entry but give it all back in prize support. Also from open to close on sat will be wow casual play. This seems like a potentially cool thing to do, well at least if the other fed way and other places wow guys can make it. Which I'll be advertising to them this sat, so that maybe as early as the 22nd meaningful wow get-togethers will be going on at First Pick. I know I've convinced a few random WoW players that have come in to come on down sometime.

I have a couple other Expedition books if those wanted to be considered in my absence, one is to Undermountain and the other is the ruins of castle greyhawk. I don't really know much about either of them, other than the books are 224 pg.s, so are epic in potential scope. Also I have the pdf for the Star Wars Saga rules if folks wanted to try that out.

Rain Cloud

View user profile http://kevinblaze.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Wade8813 on Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:50 am

Epic? Did you say epic? (dreams of casting Meteor Swarm Very Happy )
Wade8813
Cloudless Day

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alfax on Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:57 pm

We could do epic, it would be complicated. Ridiculously so, but I don't see anything stoping us.

Heck, we could do a gestalt campaign. Actually, a gestalt campaign would be really cool. But that's something I would want to play, not Gm... Hrm.
Alfax
Sun

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Joaneh on Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:56 pm

I would prefer Friday to stay as a DnD night because that's the night I have off for sure. As far as campaigns go attempting a Star Wars based one or gestalt one would be pretty cool. I'm not sure if Kevin meant epic as in level wise or epic in terms of length. Either way I'm wary to do an epic campaign, not saying that I won't enjoy it if we do it though. As far as a DM, count me out.

Kevin is right in terms of my WoW liking. I enjoy me some 2v2, 3v3, and raid playing. I enjoy drafting, unfortunately I'm mostly stuck at work on Saturdays - so it doesn't work out that well usually.

View user profile http://www.sanbanushi.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Wade8813 on Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:10 pm

I'm (fairly) sure Kevin wasn't referring to epic levels. But that's never stopped me before Cool
Wade8813
Cloudless Day

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alfax on Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:23 am

Ok, so Fri = DnD night still, groovy. What kind of DnD? Who's the DM? Epic Lv might be a lil much.
Alfax
Sun

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alfax on Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:23 am

Update: Friday is dnd night, still. However, due to nothing being decided on thus far JBomb and I agree that this Friday should be used to play Brawl and talk about what kind of deal we want to do and who will run it. Time is 8:30pm as usual, and will continue to be 8:30 until further notice. Every Friday. 8:30pm. My place. I'm making this clear so there can be no confusion. Any objections?

P.S.
Fridays
8:30
My place
Until stated otherwise.
Alfax
Sun

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremiah1310 on Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:36 am

since ill be in cali this fri, can some1 post any updates? most likely i'll be fine with whatever is chosen.
Jeremiah1310
Rain Cloud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alfax on Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:29 pm

Further discussion of the DnD portion of nightly activities has been moved to the Other DnD forumn
Alfax
Sun

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down